Monday, May 16, 2011

Are You Really Comfortable In Your Comfort Zone Or Are You Just Playing It Safe???


I really don't know why they call it "THE COMFORT ZONE", because although, we are comfortable, we are still uncomfortable. I know! I know! Your question to me is how can that be and my answer to you is "EASY". We all have held a position that we didn't like, but we stayed because it was quote unquote safe, we didn't have to worry about where our next paycheck would come from, we didn't have to worry about getting to know new people and we didn't have to worry about starting over, but that didn't mean we were comfortable. Sometimes, we were down right miserable. So the reality of the situation is we were never truly comfortable within the "Comfort Zone". We just felt safe!!!

Did you know that sometimes we block our blessing by playing it safe. Sometimes we hold on just a little to long, while God is telling you to let it go. Sometimes God is saying step out on faith and your saying "I'm waiting for God to give me a sign", but he did. It just wasn't the sign you wanted to see, so what do you do. Most of us sit back in the cut while others proceed to grow and we remain the same, same old drama and same old hardships. God isn't your personal Genie and he definitely don't work for you. He work with YOU.

Let me take it one step further "Feeling safe in an unsafe environment can kill you". People are dying slow deaths every day. People are dying from heart disease due to living and working in stressful environments. Women are rapidly aging, having strokes and remaining in a state of depression, because they are afraid to step out on there own. Is it really that serious Keepers!!  Are you really that afraid that you are willing to pay with your life. I guess (sometimes) you can say that "Playing It Safe" isn't  "SAFE" at all..

Chloe Womack

1 comment:

  1. Chloe... it seems like everything on YIAMSK pertain to me. I've been struggling with the same problem for a year now. Trying to mend a relationship that I know deep down, will never work. I'm doing too much while he seems to not care. I'm probably blocking all kinds of blessings by being so stubborn but it's very hard for me. I'm better than I was but I feel like I'm just probably "use to it." I'm use to him, use to a pattern, use to putting up with stuff...it's like a cycle but it's unhealthy. I feel I'm in a comfort zone...just taking it because I'm use to it now but very unhappy! If I felt happiness like I used to, I probably wouldn't know how to act but the only way I'll get it back is if I step out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete